Here are my main criteria for the rankings:
Repeatability: Can I listen to it over and over again and not get sick of it?
Listenability: Is it pleasant and intriguing to listen to?
Emotionability: Does it speak to my heart and soul?
Originalibity: It has to be somewhat original; subjectively.
The "Lady Gaga I Was Born This Way Baby" Honorary Top Five Albums of 2011
- Nine Types of Light by TV on the Radio
- The People's Key by Bright Eyes
- The Sounds of Daniel Bashta by Daniel Bashta
- Bon Iver by Bon Iver
- The Soundtrack to Drive by Various Artists
The "Katy Perry, Yeah She Has Good Pop Music/One of the Boys/Teenage Dream" Honorary Top Five Albums Acquired in 2011
- Sigh No More by Mumford & Sons
- Only By The Night by Kings of Leon
- Dusk and Summer by Dashboard Confessional
- Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers by The National
- Odd Blood by Yeasayer
Note: If I had no shame I would've included Katy Perry and Lady Gaga, because I spent a decent amount of time listening to them (more than I'd care to admit). But I do have shame, so they only get an honorable mention. Florence + the Machine might've made the list, but I just got their Lungs album, so I couldn't in good conscience.
This is a wonderful list. I agree with them ALL.I like how you made the acquired list. That would be easier for me to make.
Post a Comment