4/26/2013

Favorite Songs from a Favorite Band

Yesterday, while I was investing some time into my Facebook News Feed, I saw a post from the page of one of my favorite bands Bright Eyes. They were sharing that the music blog Stereogum had posted a list of The 10 Best Bright Eyes Songs. Now, I love Top Ten lists, I do one every year for movies and music, so I couldn't resist making my own Top 10 Best Bright Eyes Songs.

My list is very different than Stereogum's list and that's probably because I'm a fan, and they're more music critics (and we all know critics are "different" than the rest of us). So keep that in mind. One quick note: On iTunes you can see "play count" for a given song. This played heavily into my listing, as did "nostalgia" – what sort of connection did this song have to my past (esp. High School ha!)
  1. "We Are Free Men" on There is No Beginning to the Story EP
  2. "You Will. You? Will. You? Will. You? Will." on LIFTED -or- The Story is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground
  3. "Land Locked Blues" on I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning
  4. "Kathy with a K's Song" on Oh Holy Fools!
  5. "A Perfect Sonnet" on Every Day and Every Night
  6. "Middleman" on Cassadaga
  7. "A Scale, A Mirror, and Those Indifferent Clocks on Fevers and Mirrors
  8. "False Advertising" on LIFTED -or- The Story is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground
  9. "Jejune Stars" on The People's Key
  10. "June On the West Coast" on Letting Off the Happiness

No comments: