1/10/2015

Best of 2014

This year's list is a little different than year's past. Instead of doing a list for albums acquired, I'm going to share a list of favorite singles from the year. My love for bad pop music has never been represented (until now). Unfortunately, there weren't many "complete" albums this year that I enjoyed front to back – so I'm not super proud of my bottom three in my list of albums, but what are you going to do. Here are my lists.


The Star-Lord Honorary Top Five Movies of 2014
  1. The Lego Movie
  2. Birdman
  3. Nightcrawler
  4. Whiplash
  5. Gone Girl
The James Vincent McMorrow Honorary Top Five Albums of 2014
  1. The Bones of What You Believe by CHVRCHES*
  2. Becoming What You Are by Kings Kaleidoscope
  3. Everything Will Be Alright in the End by Weezer 
  4. LP1 by FKA Twigs
  5. Disgraceland by The Orwells
The Meghan Trainor Honorary Top Five Singles of 2014
  1. Summer by Calvin Harris
  2. Felix Culpa by Kings Kaleidescope
  3. Sleepless by CAZZETTE
  4. Don’t Tell ‘Em by Jeremiah
  5. Bang Bang by Jessie J (feat. Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj)
* - This album technically came out in 2013, but I had no idea, and didn't start listening to it until February of 2014. As well, it's definitely the only album of the year I liked from beginning to end. Thus it's making my list. Blame it on the fact that I'm 27, and it takes me a while to find out about cool music.

No comments: