Thank God for timestamped text messages! I've been lagging a little behind with my NFL predictions this season – mainly because this doesn't pay any bills – if anything I'm probably wasting money in some way by not working a second job. (Don't want to spend too much time on that thought.)
Regardless of tardiness, I wanted to share my "timestamped" predictions for the Chicago Bears 2018-2019 season. I made these picks on August 2, 2918 at 7:50pm (yes, before pre-season, because I'm a baller like that (and before Kahlil Mack! Double baller status). You can see them below in the picture. For ADA purposes, they're typed out below as well with some brief thoughts on my rationale. I hope you enjoy, and please share your tardy predictions in the comments below.
Week 1: @ Green Bay Packer – Loss
While on the other side of Halas you have some fresh meat. From the head coach, offensive coordinator, quarterback, wide receivers, tight ends. Besides many of the O-lineman and the runningbacks, this is a BRAND NEW group. It's going to take time for them to mesh and marinade. So I thikn the offense will have a slow start, but will start to click in the second half. My main hope for 9-7 is built on the offense eventually clicking. I don't think they'll ever match the defense for the next few years, because of the delayed start, but I am optimistic that will develop into a nice complement to a monstrous defensive unit.
Regardless of tardiness, I wanted to share my "timestamped" predictions for the Chicago Bears 2018-2019 season. I made these picks on August 2, 2918 at 7:50pm (yes, before pre-season, because I'm a baller like that (and before Kahlil Mack! Double baller status). You can see them below in the picture. For ADA purposes, they're typed out below as well with some brief thoughts on my rationale. I hope you enjoy, and please share your tardy predictions in the comments below.
Chicago Bears 2018-2019 Wins & Losses
Week 1: @ Green Bay Packer – Loss
Week 2: Seattle Seahawks – Win
Week 3: @ Arizona Cardinals – Win
Week 4: Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Win
Week 5: BYE
Week 6: @ Miami Dolphins – Win
Week 7: New England Patriots – Loss
Week 8: New York Jets – Win
Week 9: @ Buffalo Bills – Win
Week 10: Detroit Lions – Win
Week 11: Minnesota Vikings – Loss
Week 12: @ Detroit Lions – Loss
Week 13: @ New York Giants – Loss
Week 14: Los Angeles Rams – Loss
Week 15: Green Bay Packers – Win
Week 16: @ San Francisco 49ers – Win
Week 17: @ Minnesota Vikings – Loss
Final Record: 9-7 (actual: 12-4)
Playoffs: No (actual: Yes)
Here's Why...
I think the Bears are a "tale of two teams." On one side of Halas you have the Defense – Established, consistent, well built. Vic Fangio has been the defensive coordinator since 2015 and has had 3 years to build the team to his specific 3-4 scheme. GM Ryan Pace has been very generous with the defense with regards to both draft picks and free-agent signings. The defense is well-marinated and ready to be thrown on the grill.While on the other side of Halas you have some fresh meat. From the head coach, offensive coordinator, quarterback, wide receivers, tight ends. Besides many of the O-lineman and the runningbacks, this is a BRAND NEW group. It's going to take time for them to mesh and marinade. So I thikn the offense will have a slow start, but will start to click in the second half. My main hope for 9-7 is built on the offense eventually clicking. I don't think they'll ever match the defense for the next few years, because of the delayed start, but I am optimistic that will develop into a nice complement to a monstrous defensive unit.
